Forum Title: Repairing damaged door
Need to repair a damaged interior door where there is a 4 inch jagged hole where the lock set once was located. The door is 86 inches tall and 35 inches wide (original to the c 1893 home) and replacing it with a new one is too expensive. It is made of douglas fir. Is there a type of wood epoxy strong enough to repair this kind of damage? The spot to be flled in is approx 4- 5 inches wide by 1 inch deep.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: ANITA MENDEZ (League City, TX), 01/04/2019

Generally the spline and screen have to come out because the crossbar end clips are rolled in underneath the spline. And you can't spread the frame while the screen is rolled in.

- MICHELLE LOPEZ (Schenectady, NY), 02/18/2019

Will wait for the picture but it sounds like the defect is in an area which is structural and I don't think that will work. Additionally, unless the door is painted, don't expect the repair to blend.

- PENNY ACOSTA (Huntington, WV), 02/06/2019

Hi, Check out a Door Sleeve. You can Repair the door then cover it with the Door Sleeve. They come in different sizes and back sets. Good Luck Woodbutcher

- IAN GRIFFITH (Vacaville, CA), 03/02/2019

Community Resources & Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527